Want to know how to wash a backpack in the washing machine? Follow 4 simple rules and your shoulder bag will be as good as new.
How to Wash a Backpack?
Often duffel bag manufacturers do not recommend washing it because it is impregnated with a special impregnation for water resistance. They recommend using a wet cloth to keep it clean.
Can you wash a backpack if it’s really dirty and scrubbing it with a brush gets you nowhere?
Remember the 4 rules:
- Remove the hard frame beforehand;
- Turn the backpack inside out with straps inside out and secure. Plastic parts won’t scratch the drum of your washing machine;
- Set the machine to the cold water delicate wash program (maximum 30 minutes)°C) without a spin and with a small amount of bleach-free powder. Cold water will not wash out the impregnation or discolor the duffel bag;
- Do not wring out the backpack after washing. Hang it on a rope to let the water drain out.
If you still hesitate to wash your backpack in the washing machine, do it by hand.
- grate laundry soap or tar soap. This soap is made from vegetable oils and animal fats. It won’t ruin the fabric;
- Pour room temperature water into a deep basin or bathtub (30-40°C)°C);
- Soak in a soapy solution for 20-30 minutes;
- Brush heavily soiled areas with a clothes brush;
- Rinse in running water;
- without wringing out, dry on a rope.
Don’t wash your shoulder bag too often, because over time the impregnation will wash out anyway.
Now you know how to wash your backpack in the washing machine. Share your experiences in the comments.
In the electronic catalog store large selection of backpacks. Order your items now. We’ll deliver tomorrow at your convenience.
Write your opinion and feedback on “4 simple rules for washing your backpack