Aerogrill — is a kitchen appliance for cooking. It consists of a glass flask with a lid on which there is a heating element and a fan. The principle of operation of the air grill: the heater heats the air that enters the flask through the lid with lots of holes, and the fan provides its circulation. Products inside the flask are heated evenly on all sides. You can find details about the operation of this or that model in the instructions for use of the air grill. In this article, we will touch on how to properly use the air grill and cook foods.
🏆 TOP of Air Grill
An aero grill is a type of grill that uses hot air to cook food. The aero grill uses a fan to create a stream of hot air that circulates around the food, cooking it evenly. The aero grill is a healthy alternative to other types of grills because it doesn’t use any oil or fat to cook the food.
The aero grill is a great way to cook meats, vegetables, and even fruits. You can grill almost anything on an aero grill, and it’s a healthy way to do it. The aero grill is also a great way to entertain guests. You can cook for a large group of people, and everyone can enjoy healthy, delicious food.
If you’re looking for a healthy, delicious, and easy way to cook, then the aero grill is the perfect choice for you.
👉Advantages and disadvantages of the air grill
Aerogrills can replace the microwave, toaster, stove, oven, steam cooker. What are the pros and cons of the air grill? Let’s try to understand.
- There is no need for fat or oil to cook food in an air grill;
- food retains its qualities better during cooking;
- The possibility to cook several dishes at once;
- The air grill is relatively compact and easy to transport and use, for example, at the cottage;
- sterilizing canning jars, drying mushrooms, berries and fruits;
- Long-heat modes make it possible to smoke and toast foods;
- No restrictions on the material of the crockery — Food can also be cooked in wooden and metal dishes, unlike the microwave, in which even cups with shiny enamel can not be put.
- Not everything can be handled by an air grill equally well. For example, steam cooking is weak;
- not always the use of the unit is justified — The volume of the flask aerogrill has 10-12 liters, and run it to heat a couple of bowls of soup is not worth it, it is better to use the microwave;
- glass flask is very hot when the unit works, which is unsafe, especially if there are small children in the house.
What kind of aero grills are there?. Features of the air grills
Conventionally, the units are divided into types A and B. The first includes aerogrills with electronic control, several speeds of operation and the corresponding price. Inexpensive aerogrills with mechanical control and one mode of operation are considered to be of type B.
Before you start baking, preheat the appliance for 10 minutes without food at the maximum temperature. Place the unit so as not to accidentally hit it during operation — it can be hot. For baking, use special dishes made of thin glass. Baked goods will cook better in this bowl. After cleaning itself, wipe the flask with a soft, dry cloth.
When choosing an air grill, pay attention to the following:
- control type. This is the main criterion that divides aero grills into units for cooking and universal devices that combine stove oven, toaster, microwave, dryer, etc.д. Aerogrills have mechanical and electronic (or touch screen) controls. The first ones are simpler and cheaper. However, they are limited to one fan speed. The second has more speeds and modes of operation. Automatically controlled units provide a greater range of fan speeds
- air grill volume. The volume of the glass bowl varies from 7 and 17 liters. In some models, the volume changes with the help of special rings put on the bowl. One ring increases the volume of the bowl to 5 liters.
- how to attach the lid. Lids can be removable, and those that are attached to the bracket. Units with removable lids are compact. But when working, the lid creates additional complications — It is uncomfortable to hold in your hands, you need a special stand. Lid on bracket is safer, need extra space to flip it off.
- heating element type — Use a tubular or halogen heater.
Cooking in an air grill
What you can and how to cook in the oven? Below — Some recipes for cooking in the air grill.
Pizza in the oven
For quick pizza cooking, you’ll need:
- Ham or sausage;
- Tomatoes, peppers, cheese, mushrooms;
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise;
- 3 tablespoons of flour;
- baking soda (dissolved in vinegar).
- Knead a liquid dough of eggs, flour, and soda, extinguished with vinegar;
- Cut up sausage, tomatoes, cheese, mushrooms;
- Warm up the unit;
- The dough is poured into a mold greased with vegetable oil and baked for 10 minutes at 230-240⁰C and medium speed;
- After that the filling is put on top of the dough;
- Roast for 10 minutes at 205-210⁰C on high speed.
Roast sunflower seeds in the oven
Warm up the unit for 6 minutes. Pour seeds into batter and put it on the top shelf. roast for 10 min at 260⁰C.
Smoking in the oven
Flavors are important for smoking, which are difficult to get at home. Therefore, experienced people advise to use a flavoring of alder chips and “liquid smoke”. The easiest way to smoke pork because it takes the least time and tastes better than smoked beef. Smoke any fish — From exotic saltwater fish to common redfish you caught in the local pond.
Smoking fish in air grill:
- gut the fish and wash it with water;
- rub with cooking salt on all sides, grease “with liquid smoke” outside and inside;
- leave the fish for 40-60 minutes to soak;
- Before smoking, tie with rope and place on the rack in the center of the air grill;
- Smoking temperature from 150 to 180⁰C and depends on the type of fish. 150⁰C is recommended for carp, for mackerel — 180⁰C;
- smoking time — 25-30 minutes, speed — medium;
- After smoking, oil the fish, sprinkle it with spices to taste and wrap it in foil for cooling.
How to smoke meat in an air grill:
- rinse the meat;
- rub garlic, salt, spices to taste and “with liquid smoke”;
- We leave it to marinate for an hour;
- Preheat the oven and put alder chips on the bottom, put the meat on the bottom or middle shelf. To soak the meat better, pour some water into the pot;
- air grill program: 240⁰C, time — half an hour, medium fan speed.
Grilled chicken in an air grill
For a simple grilled chicken recipe, you’ll need:
- chicken body 1,2-2,5 kg;
- curry spice packet;
- half a lemon;
- A pinch of red pepper;
- Wash gutted chicken and sprinkle with curry;
- Place the carcass on top of the grill;
- Cook for about an hour at 220-250⁰C.
Another recipe for cooking grilled chicken can be seen in the video below. If you are interested in these devices, then on our site you will find air grills of all types and characteristics.
Write your opinion and comments about “What is an air grill and how to use it”